McLaren M23 Manual
Owning, racing and maintaining McLarens legendary Formula 1 car
Av Ian Wagstaff
The McLaren M23 Manual describes in detail, with the aid of numerous photographs and drawings, the construction and development of the McLaren M23, sets out its place in F1 history and profiles the men who drove it. The M23's subsequent historic-racing career is also covered, with the thoughts of current owners and details of how the cars are maintained today.
The McLaren M23 was one of the supreme cars of the 3-litre Formula 1 era. An initially straightforward design, which was to pioneer new concepts such as the six-speed F1 gearbox, the compressed-air starter and aerodynamic side skirts, it remained active for six seasons. In 1974 Emerson Fittipaldi won his second World Championship driving an M23, while James Hunt waged an epic battle driving the car to win the 1976 World Championship, ahead of Ferrari rival Nikki Lauda.
This in-depth study will rekindle memories tor those who
watched the M23 race in period, while introducing it to a whole
new generation of fans. This is a fascinating insight into one of
Formula 1‘s great cars.
Innehåller bland annat:
- The McLaren M23 story - early McLaren history, development and career of the M23, its drivers and designer
- Anatomy of the McLaren M23 - details of the car’s components and the Cosworth DF\/ engine, and evolution from 1973 onwards
- The driver’s view - reminiscences from McLaren drivers, including Emerson Fittipaldiand Jody Scheckter
- The mechanic’s view - mechanics and team members memories
- Restoration and historic racing - buying and owning a McLaren M23, historic racing and preparation
- Individual chassis histories - detailed histories of all 13 chassis built, plus the M25 F5000 car
Om författaren: Ian Wagstaff is a freelance journalist specialising in motorsport and the automotive components industry. He writes for numerous magazines in both Europe and the USA, including Racecar Engineering, Race Engine Technology and Motor Sport. In 2006 he was awarded the Mercedes-Benz Montagu of Beaulieu Trophy for his book The British at Le Mans. The author of Haynes’s Lotus 72 Manual, he lives in Oxfordshire.
Web Price: £21.99
Vill du köpa en reparationshandbok?
Bok NR: H5312