All techniques, equipment and recipes
Av Ben Bartlett
Starting at the dawn of the barbecue, the BBQ Manual traces the origins of this popular worldwide cooking method until the present day, to include modern outdoor cooking options such as chimineas, brick ovens, earth ovens and Southern barbecue pits.
From marinades and rubs to the infamous beer-can chicken, the BBQ Manual contains BBQ Ben’s top 100 mouth-watering recipes, from his fruity tomato and strawberry glaze to meaty feasts for the more adventurous – pigs’ trotters, kangaroo kebabs, barbecued octopus and grilled shark.
But barbecues aren’t just about meat – recipes for fish, shellfish, vegetarian dishes, sauces, salads, breads and pizza are all included, along with basic techniques, such as smoking, to liven the palate.
This savoury feast is topped off with a variety of sweet and fruity desserts, such as grilled peaches with raspberry sauce, and grilled bananas with Irish cream liqueur. Gas or charcoal, briquettes or lumpwood, direct or indirect cooking, lid on or lid off – it’s all included in the Haynes BBQ Manual. No stone – or burger – is left unturned.
Innehåller bland annat:
- Barbecues through the ages - the art and the science
- BBQs - choosing the right one for you
- Tools and equipment - what you really need
- Safety - playing with fire
- Basic techniques - fuel, lighting and cooking skills
- Cooking with chimineas, brick and earth ovens, pits
- Cooking with a spit or rotisserie
- Going the whole hog - hosting a hog roast
- Marinades, rubs and relishes
- The main items - meat and fish
- The vegetables - there's more than corn on the cob
- Competing in barbecue contests
- Handy glossary and information list
Om författaren: ‘BBQ Ben’ Bartlett was the first ever winner of Britain’s ‘Best BBQer’ title awarded by the National BBQ Association. As well as writing regularly for the trade press, he has written for the Guardian and Sunday Times and has appeared on numerous TV programmes including ITV'sThis Morning and BBC'sReady Steady Cook. He is President of the British BBQ Association and competes around the world with the Best of British BBQ Team.
Web Price: £21.99
Vill du köpa en reparationshandbok?
Bok NR: H5116